Avoid running code block if process initiates on the server
Dayton Perkins
2013-12-20 02:32:13 UTC
I have a lot of data that I am loading into PHP buffer from a text file
cache. I recently added the Boost module. When the Boost crawler runs, I
have no need for this data as it is user-specific.
What server variable is available to determine whether the process is a
Web request or not? I would like to limit the resources that Boost uses
when crawling the site.
--
/Kindest regards,/ /*Dayton Perkins*/ Dayton Perkins

Good News Design

Intelligent Web Programming for Business
Dayton Perkins: Recent American Expat in Hong Kong

***@goodnewsdesign.com <mailto:***@goodnewsdesign.com>
***@goodnewsdesign.com <mailto:***@goodnewsdesign.com>
Phone Me U.S Phone (rings me in HK) 616-795-9039

http://goodnewsdesign.com
GND Logo <http://goodnewsdesign.com><http://goodnewsdesign.com>
John Fiala
2013-12-20 17:01:23 UTC
Well, my first thought is to check for the user id - Boost is almost
certainly crawling the site as an anonymous user, yeah? And if we're
talking about user-specific data, just have the process not run if the
user_id == 0.
Post by Dayton Perkins
I have a lot of data that I am loading into PHP buffer from a text file
cache. I recently added the Boost module. When the Boost crawler runs, I
have no need for this data as it is user-specific.
What server variable is available to determine whether the process is a
Web request or not? I would like to limit the resources that Boost uses
when crawling the site.
--
*Kindest regards,* *Dayton Perkins* [image: Dayton Perkins]
Good News Design
Intelligent Web Programming for Business
Dayton Perkins: Recent American Expat in Hong Kong
616-795-9039
http://goodnewsdesign.com
[image: GND Logo] <http://goodnewsdesign.com> <http://goodnewsdesign.com>
--
John Fiala
www.jcfiala.net
George Dawson
2013-12-20 19:04:29 UTC
Or, if you are using sessions, as you should be, you can place a flag in
the sessions array which must be "true" for users using this special
feature, and "false" for everyone else.

Of course, your users table must contain this information. You must
determine how it is to be administered.