2014-12-09 16:21:08 UTC
I'm writing to request an email be sent around about a current job announcement for Ashoka, the organization that I work for. If possible, I would request that the Subject Line read: Job Announcement: Drupal Product Platform Lead.
The body of the email is pasted below.
Thanks for your help on this and please let me know if there is anything you need form me.
Drupal Product/Platform Lead
This is an opportunity to lead and manage the platform development for Ashoka's web properties, which include country, program, event, and campaign websites and the platforms and processes that enable them.
Ashoka<https://www.ashoka.org/> is the world's largest network of social entrepreneurs<https://www.ashoka.org/node/4047>. Since launching the field of social entrepreneurship in 1980, Ashoka has developed a network of over 3,000 social entrepreneurs worldwide, including the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize co-recipient Kailash Satyarthi, working to solve some of the world's most complex social problems.
You love to create web products that engage users and advance the mission of an organization. As a next step in your career, you want to use your Drupal expertise and product development experience to advance the products and web presence of an organization dedicated to social change.
You have experience leading and collaborating on efforts, to create software that works. Rather than single-handedly applying your skills to solve technical and design problems, you always look for opportunities to build capacity across your team through training and mentoring colleagues.
Fundamentally you believe that talented staff should be able to have ownership over projects and work independently. At the same time, you're not afraid to delegate and promote a culture of discipline and accountability across your team.
· Spearhead the transformation of all of Ashoka's web properties into cutting edge, responsive, integrated, mission-moving sites
· Participate as product/platform decision-maker in meetings with Ashoka stakeholders
· Take direction from Ashoka stakeholders and work with team to execute production pipeline and development timeline that aligns with organizational goals.
· Lead project management and maintain alignment across teams with regards to platform goals
· Monitor and improve product development process (planning, iteration, testing) based on industry best practices and team needs
· Set benchmarks and always keep an eye on site performance
· Understand LAMP and PaaS infrastructure and guide development to best leverage
· Quality assurance on all pieces of the product development process (design, development, testing, usability)
· Support key data and infrastructure integration efforts across Ashoka
· Ensure adequate staffing and maintain intern pipeline
· Facilitate strong team culture, maintain fun work environment, support professional development of team members, and ensure team participation for remote members
· Develop and leverage a network of expert consultants as well as friends of Ashoka who can serve as valuable resources in the areas of: design, UX, PHP/Drupal development, and theming
To Apply: Email ***@ashoka.org<mailto:***@ashoka.org> with your resume and a thoughtful cover letter using the Subject Line: "Drupal Product Platform Lead."
· Ashoka is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion. The position is based in the Ashoka global office in Arlington, Virginia, USA.
The information in this e-mail (including attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and delete this e-mail and any attachments. Ashoka does its part to protect our world: please consider the environment before printing this message.